- It is a collection of related records stored in an organized manner , so that we can retrieve , manipulate the data effectively.
- There is less redundant data
- Provides higher data consistency using normalisation
- Provides more security to the data
- DBMS is suitable for medium to large organizations or multiple users.
- For ex :- MySQL,mssql ,oracle
- Collection of related records and handles the way of reading and writing data in to a storage medium
- There is more redundant data
- Has data inconsistency
- Provides less security comparatively
- Appropriate to handle data of small organization or individual users
- For ex :- NTFS , Ext